As winter approaches, the best thing to warm you up is none other than a cup of hot chocolate. But your average hot chocolate recipe will just not do!
This hot chocolate is our all-time favorite. It is made with real chocolate, spiced with cinnamon and vanilla, and has a little kick from a chili pepper. It’s the best!
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 4 cups of milk (I like almond but regular dairy milk would work, too)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt (x2)
- 2 chili pepper, split in half and seeds removed
- 2–8 tablespoons coconut sugar, depending on taste (you can sub brown sugar or honey)
- 2 shots of brandy (optional)
- Melt the chocolate with a little milk in a small pot over medium heat. Whisk in the remaining milk, the cinnamon, vanilla, and dash of salt. Add the chili pepper to the pot and bring the pot almost to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 10 mins. Remove and discard the chili pepper.
- Whisk in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and taste until it is a sweetness you like. If you are using the brandy, add it to the pot.
- Pour the spicy hot chocolate into mugs and enjoy!
Recipe and image by theendlessmeal.com